Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The first time I ever picked up my guitar and learned how to play it, was about six years ago. First song? Knockin' On Heaven's Door. But I gave up halfway because I didn't know how to strum. Months after that, I tried playing it again and this time, I learned Nobody's Home. I don't know what got into me that suddenly, I could strum! I remember my father said "eh pandainya budak ni main. Betul ni dia strum". I felt so proud of myself and never stopped playing my guitar after that.

This semester, I got the opportunity to learn something different from what I've been playing for all these years. I got to learn playing traditional Malay songs, and right now I feel like giving up again... just like six years ago. Actually, I know I can do this but Dila being Dila; MALAS

God, help?

No comments: